Past Fan Q&A's on Twitter from Josh Gates (@joshuagates)
- Top 5 things I'm buying when I win Mega Millions tonight: 1) Triumph Bonneville motorcycle.
- Top 5 things I'm buying when I win Mega Millions tonight: 2) Castle Grayskull.
- Top 5 things I'm buying when I win Mega Millions tonight: 3) The Syfy Channel (all Mansquito all the time).
- Top 5 things I'm buying when I win Mega Millions tonight: 4) Gold plated Slap Chop.
- Top 5 things I'm buying when I win Mega Millions tonight: 5) Roundtrip airfare for my 2,200 closest Twitter friends to party in Thailand. (yes, Josh went from a little over 2,000 followers to over 37 thousand in a little over a year. How amazing are "DT" fans?!")
- Lost Mega Millions. Instead of taking 2,200 people to Thailand, I can now afford to take 2 people for Thai food.
- If I hit the jackpot Tuesday, I'm seriously taking all 2,341+ of you to Thailand for a beach party. Those who RT this get a $10,000 bonus!
- Q: What happened to the clothes you wore to Chernobyl? A: Burned them.
- Q: Do DT episodes re-air? A: They can usually be found at Syfy.com, Hulu, or on iTunes. Enjoy!
- My responsibilities in Vancouver are few...now taking suggestions for ridiculous things I should try to get away with while on Syfy sets.
- Best so far: "Challenge @MsMingNa to an arm wrestling contest," "carve your initials into the stargate," "karaoke with @CapricaSeven "
- Best so far: RT @Kdark74 - "Fill prescription bottles w/ candy & pop 'em all day long. Tell everyone it is how you deal w/ your fame."
- Best: " Dance off w/ @DavidBlue " "try on 1st generation Cylon armor" "drunken tirade about how Sanctuary is a rip-off of your real life."
- "Hit golf balls through Stargate," "wear a Wookie costume to Sanctuary set and demand to see your family," "give Robert Carlyle a haircut"
- Q: Is the GH "live" episode REALLY "Live" or is it taped and aired as live? A: Oh, it's LIVE. Nothing like working without a net.
- Q: What's it like hosting live TV? A: it's one of the most stressful, exhilarating, focused, and FUN parts of my job. 4 hours to go!
- RT: Your mic is still open. (via @SisterLilBunny). Woops! At least I didn't swear. Wait...I didn't swear, right?
- RT: @fleurily - I would like to suggest putting @joshuagatesin costume for the GHLive event next year. Josh: I'M INSISTING ON IT!
- RT: andysomm: @joshuagates welcome to Jersey, Josh! Where's the afterparty? JOSH: YA. WHERE IS THE PARTY?I'LL BE THERE!
- 1154. In the interactive center, chugging coffee and talking with the GHA cadets.
- Q: what do you think of the cadets. A: ALL of them are really nice folks who seem super excited to be a part of the event!
- RT @bigdog5758 When does new episodes of Destination Truth return? A: DT returns on March 17th!
- RT @RobBeers. Q: should I go to the 615 or 715 Avatar? A: Whichever is in digital 3D.
- RT @slytherinss Q:Will you ever answer my fanmail? A:With all the travel, it's hard for me to answer every e-mail. I'll try harder! ;-)
- RT @jenlynn129 Q: Where should I go on my honeymoon. A: South East Asia or the Seychelles. When do we leave? ;-)
- RT @Griffons3 Q: Favorite DT car? A: Love old Land Rovers. Great CJ750 moto with sidecar this season (hint on upcoming country).
- RT @ADelV A lot of people asking this. Let's get it out of the way. Q: Are you single? A: Yes. I am.
- Q: Why not spend more time in each place? A: We agree! It's a question of being able to produce a whole season on time and on budget.
- RT @staci_stasis Q: Do you know if we're going to get DT in Britain? A: You've got it! It's called "The Monster Hunter" in the UK.
- RT @krislandis: Number one place on your list that you haven't been yet? A: 90 degrees S.
- RT: @ChristianeElin - "How about some Q&A answers like some other tv celebs?" Done and done. Hit me!
- Q: @TeriEhart "Have you visited all 50 states?" A: 49!...I'm coming for you Washington State!
- Q: @IamCrystalAngel "Why do you hate responding to me, after all we've been through? Haha" A:OMG Crystal! It's been forever! Miss you!"
- Q: @RosseyWrath "When are there gonna be new episodes?" A: DT returns on Wed, March 17th at 10/9c.
- @erinmclaug Q: "Do you still keep up with your photography?" A: I shoot on the road, but too busy to shoot clients in L.A. these days.
- Speed round: A: Brunettes, generally. A: Mint Chocolate chip. A: Got very lucky. A: Because he's a lovable idiot. A: Maybe.
- @Sethmeadows Q: How cool would it be 2 have an Ewok as a friend? A: Not cool. After an hour you'd be like, "Dude. Ewok. Chill out."
- Q: "What music are you listening to?" A: Bluegrass. "Good time women and an old faithful dog. That's life in a song."
- @eNiGMa1986 Q:"What on earth brought you to KS?!" A: Once spend a week in a motel room in Great Bend trying to write. Wrote nothing.
- @REPennington: Q:" What has been your scariest/most intense investigation? A: Chernobyl / airplane accident in Romania / blue hole dives.
- @ElfGrove Q:"What's the camera/recording equipment death count for Destination Truth?" A: High. Very. Very. High.
- Avatar. James Cameron. Jeff Bridges. Meryl Streep. Christoph Walz. Mo'nique. (Oscar picks, 2010)
- RT @stjoechief Q: What is the longest non stop flight you've had for DT? A: Singapore to L.A. 19.5 hours nonstop!
- RT @kimberlywelles Q: What is the WORST flight you have ever taken? A: Easy! Romania. Roof ripped off. Bad flight. :-)
- RT @lindabouldin Q: Are you a member of the mile high club? A: No. Aggressively seeking membership, though. ;-)
- Rt @CountryGirl189 Q: What was the shortest flight you ever had for DT? A: Chile. Plane wouldn't start. Never got off the runway.
- RT @RokkenRyan1987 Q: Best films set on a plane? A: Airplane, Flight of the Phoenix (original), & Alive.
- RT @xtKimtx Q: What advice do you have for someone who has never flown? A: Get a window seat and marvel at the view. It's amazing up here!
- Q: How do you get someone out of an airplane bathroom? A: Secret switch under a metal flap on the outside of the door. Unlocks it.
- T @Seansmoma Q: What is your favorite airline to fly on? A: Singapore Airlines. THE best.
- Q: How often do you fly? A: 5+ months a year overseas for DT. Last year I flew 60,000 miles on One Word and 120,000 on Star Alliance!
- RT @kellyMchavez Q:Least favourite airline to fly on? A: So many. Biman Air, TAM, Aeroflot. Also not a fan of JetStar, or Air China,
- RT @LadyNiko Q: Do you have a favorite type of plane? A: Love the 777. Haven't hit the A380 yet. Can't wait for the Dreamliner.
- RT @TheGypsy22 Q:Will we see a Jersey Devil episode this season? A: Since it's a flying creature, I'll answer. Yes. You will!
- RT @archieangel3 Q: Who is your favourite singer? A: Dwight Yoakam
- RT @Danny2056 Q: What do you think of the person sitting next to you? A: He's asleep and I totally ate his snack.
- Q: Worst turbulence? A: Um, right now is climbing the charts. Rough as hell up here. Over the Mojave, I think.
- RT @Kate1821 Q:Do u have a favorite airport? A: I do. Suvarnabhumi Airport, in Bangkok, Thailand. Looks like Battlestar Galactica.
- Q: Missed the premiere of DT, where can I watch? A: It's now up at Hulu.com - enjoy!
- RT @perremama - Q: How are you spending your Easter? A: The way Jesus intended. Hunting monsters.
- @whateverrstarrh Q: What's your favourite book? A: Something Wicked this Way Comes. Bradbury nut.
- @ Whoisnumber9 @: When will season 2 of DT be released on DVD? A: Great Q. We don't know! Ask @Syfy. Nay. Demand it!
- @maryjaneleaf Q: What would you be doing with your life right now if you weren't hosting DT? A: Sitting on a beach in Thailand. :-)
- @Beautifulexxx Q: Who came up with the name DT? A: The channel. I wanted it to be called "The Seeker," and use The Who song. No dice.
- A: What are you listening to, Gates? A: Abbey Road. Track 3.
- Q: New team members. Explain. A: Think of DT as a real expedition. Each mission calls for a unique team.
- @JuliePickel Q: Do u have input on where you travel? A: Yup. It's a team effort. Looking at our world map right now. Lots of new pins!
- @ToRestOrRange: Best airline to get from the states to New Zealand? A: Easy. Air New Zealand's transpacific service is terrific!
- @jenlynn129 Q: Going to MBTS. Suggestions? A: Nicks Roast Beef in Beverly. Large beef. Cheese, sauce, mayo. Do it.
- @maryjaneleaf Q: What's with the scarves? A: I like scarves. :-)
- Q: @chrismb10: Any trips to Canada on the horizon? A: We're headed your way in the new season to look for Ogopogo.
- JaymEsch Q: Was playing bocce with @KrisWilliams81 & @allisonscag the greatest adventure you've had? A: It was certainly the most dangerous.
- @MuttlyFC Q: Are ryder and jael still with you on the show? A: Jael is over at Fact or Faked (which you should all check out!)...Ryder is working here in our offices on another project.
- Let's start with something easy. @Shan1419 Q: "When does the new season start?" A: Thursday, September 9th on Syfy! - Tune in!
- @TrevorG23 Q: "Have you ever had to jump ship because of one of the famous DT boats?" A: Funny you should ask. Stay tuned. :-)
- @ShelbysAndHeels Q: "Was Ryder as wimpy to work with as she appeared on TV?" A: Ryder could kick all of our asses. Girl is ripped. :-)
- @maryjaneleaf Q: "What's your favorite movie?" A: JAWS and RAIDERS in a dead heat.
- @DCCowan: Q: "Any chance you can head back to Chernobyl?" A: Um. No.
- @Cbodina Q: "Are Romania and Easter Island as awesome as they appear?" A: Sort of and YES!
- @monkeyface483 Q: "Entourage or Mad Men?" A: Mad Men (How great is the new season?!). And Breaking Bad.
- @DTonSYFYfans (me, this site runner) Q: "Is it true you bought some of your fans PinkBerry at @Comic_Con?" A: You know it, girl.
- RT @kailasupernova "Any new members for 4.5?" Yes! A few new members and the return of Ryder! It's a great group.
- RT @rhemasrapture "What are you going to be for halloween?" A: Freezing. :-) See you in Buffalo for GH Live!
- RT @Troyxxxxx "Where are you guys going?!" A: Panama, to begin with. Our first central American trip!
- @opus1971 Q:"soooo....where ya been?" A: Good place to start. I've been filming DT season 4.5 - including our 1st trip to Antarctica!
- @Cbodina Q: "when does the new season start??" A: New episodes begin in March & will kick off with the first ever LIVE DT investigation!
- @Byflutterby Q"what did you miss most whilst in Antarctica?" A: Solid ground. We traveled by sailboat in very close quarters. :-)
- @brandonrevels Q "Is Ryder going to be back with the crew?" A: Ryder returns!
- @monkeyface483 Q: "worst movie you saw on a plane in 2010?" Awesome question. A: White Out, Tooth Fairy, Back up Plan, Jonah Hex, Airbender
- @georgekourounis Q: "You joining us at the Explorers Club dinner in March?" A: Hoping to. And best of luck as the emcee!
- @DTonSYFYfans Q: "you finish that book yet?" A: Yes! Although now I'm making revisions. So close...
- @ShadoKat771 Q: What's the current book you're reading? A: Just finished "The Lost City of Z." Amazing.
- @Shannon ONeill Q: Was told to ask you about bocce at Comic Con. A: Syfy celebrity bocce tournament will be back in 2011. Mark. My. Words.
- @TheCasperOne Q: Superbowl or Superbowl commercials? A: Commercials.
- @MateoExMachina Q: What's your favorite ride at Disneyland? A: Indy and Mansion are in a dead heat.
- @therealbigfoot Q: Why is it you'll never find me? A: Damn you, Bigfoot!
- @esmiCHAOS Q: Is there an episode you haven't fallen down in? A: Listen. It's dark out there. ;-)
- @blackandred Q: Plan on getting a monkey sidekick on DT? A: I keep trying to convince Syfy. Or a parrot for my shoulder.
- @cruce123 Q: "What's the longest expedition you've ever been on?" A: Antarctica. One of our new episodes - coming soon!
- @FactOrFaked Q: "What's it going to take to get you to 50K in twitter followers?" A: 10,555 awesome people.
- @AaronMGalvan Q: "Why dont you have the blue checkmark by your name?" A: Because Twitter makes getting verified very mysterious.
- @egeorge78 Q: "Anywhere you want to film that's deemed too dangerous?" A: Every year I pitch Iraq or Afghanistan. So far, no dice.
- @KaylaOldridge Q: "Have you ever experienced anything that you wish you would forget about?" A: Yes. Little Fockers.
- @Murphdogg27 Q: "Any country you havn't been to yet but wanna go?" A: Yup. 102 of them. :-)
- @Stolospath Q: "Where are you going at 38,000ft ?" A: New York City. Testing out a piece of gear for DT Live.
- @DTonSYFYfans Q: "Looking forward to DT Fan Radio?" A: Always!
- @janaglamorous Q: "Can i have Ryder's job?" A: Only if you can arm wrestle her for it. Good luck.
- RT: @Christine640 "After the first show...moving to Tuesdays?!?" Yup. Tuesday is the new Thursday which was the new Wednesday. :-)